Monday, February 13, 2006

McDowell Exposed

When I heard Roger McDowell was going to be the pitching coach, I remembered a picture that had stuck in my head from my old baseball card collecting days. So I went over to my archives (my parents’ house) and dug through my old Becketts. It didn’t take too long to find it, the April ’92 edition with the Big Hurt on the front and good ‘ol Ron Gant on the back. Those were the days when a ’91 Upper Deck Todd Van Poppel rookie was a robust $2.75, with an emphasis on the ‘bust.’ Anyway, this is a great picture of McDowell as a player. He was known as quite the jokester, and this photo was taken during the spring of that year. By the way, flipping through an old Beckett is a nice trip down nostalgia lane. Click on the picture for a larger view.

3 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the McDowell picture!
I can't wait to see him in action

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home