Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Tuesday with a Monday Feel

So, because there’s like no one at work, I’ve got a lot of extra time on my hands. But since there’s nothing really baseball to blog about - unless you care about the Yankees / Red Sox telenovela - I’ve been doing some extra hard surfing of the internet (which I think they should somehow turn into a sport).

I’m a big fan of our terror alert system, I mean it’s just so plain and simple to understand and it keeps you so fearful all the time. Some mornings I just huddle around the tele and scroll through all the 24-hour news channels that have nothing better to talk about than the latest Lohan sighting and wait for them to tell me if I should be afraid today. Some bloggers put the terror alert level in its place here, here, and here.

So enough about Linds and our color coded catastrophe calculator. For whatever reason this afternoon I stumbled onto some sites of musical artists I’ve been meaning to purchase for awhile, and there are plenty of free mp3s abound. Some people call it alt-folk or roots folk/roots rock, and it’s some pretty good stuff – Iron & Wine and Calexico. I’m a big fan of hearing a lot of a musician’s work before I purchase an album; with these two you can do that here. It’s not for everybody, but I’m diggin’ it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home