Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Free Toque Anyone

Seriously, what comes to mind when someone says ‘toque.’ I know I had to go look it up. Maybe it’s just that I’m not up on the latest in Canadian fashion. Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve lived in the warm and sunny south my whole life. So the Blue Jays are giving away a free ‘toque’ with every gift card purchase. Money quote:

“Purchase a Blue Jays Gift Card this holiday season and receive a warm fuzzy feeling.”

I’m not making this shit up. These Canadians must not be aware of the double entendre. The Urban Dictionary sheds a bit of light on the varied meanings of ‘toque,’ and possibly sets the stage for the rare triple entendre with number three. The Blue Jays need to find a better name for this other than ‘toque.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home