Thursday, December 01, 2005

Make Both the OF Corners French

Like I was saying earlier, the Bravos should go after Juan Pierre, and now there is an MSM columnist calling for the same. Terence Moore at the AJC lays out the reasons. Money quote from Trader Jack in the article:

“You know, I like Furcal, but there is nobody who is not replaceable. Look at how the Braves brought in all of those young kids [18 rookies] last year, and they just took off. It’s getting the right players, and that’s the knack that Bobby and John have. They’re always able to get somebody who fits in and can pick them up.”

We’ll probably never hear a rumor about Pierre, it will just happen or it won’t, that’s Schu’s way. Bill Shanks says all the chips will start falling into place once Furcal makes his decision. But for my money, and I did buy two whole season tickets after all, I’d love to see Juan Pierre in a tomahawk (or in Sunday-alternate-jersey red).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home